68 Work days from the end of April to the end of October
840 Number of volunteers in the park in 2014
Thank you very much to everyone who has helped in the park.
Projects Completed in 2014:
• Widened pedestrian bridges with Rutland Rotary South
• Rerouted Annex
• Trillium rerouted
• Santa’s Little Helper Mud holes repaired
• Lower Giorgetti by old softball field improved RHS XC team
• Two kiosks for Carriage Trail
• Repaired fabric showing on Underdog powerline
• Installed 7 French Drains on Birches near Voldemort
• First Turn on Exit Strategy had more dirt added to it
• Small reroute on PA4J/Lonely Rock has a less abrupt turn now
• VYCC 3 weeks on Carriage Trail
• VYCC 3 weeks in the fall on Carriage Trail and in the park for a total of 6 weeks
• Ribbon cutting for Carriage Trail
• Repaired powerline on Strong Angel
• Repaired powerline on Jersey Turnpike
• French Drain installed at base of powerline on Jersey Turnpike near Arthur’s Chair
• French Drain installed on Lonely Rock
Future Projects for 2015 and beyond:
• Sore Elbow Segment 2
• Sore Elbow Segment 3
• Furlough needs TLC to prevent water running straight down it
• Shimmer needs TLC on corner to prevent trail erosion
• ‘S’ turn on PA4J near Stegosaurus needs some TLC
• Ramp VYCC started to build off PA4J to enter Strong Angel from West side needs attention
• Reroute for Santa’s near the Droopy Muffin intersection
• Boardwalk at main entrance needs to be leveled
A suggestion was made to widen the boardwalk
A suggestion of taking part of the white pine down that hangs over the boardwalk that the pileated woodpecker is working over
• Broken Handlebar Extension-anyone will to step up and help with this trail?
• Trail by Carving Bench to prevent people from walking over gardens
• Front entrance-smooth upper tier out so can be mowed
• Fabric on Overlook near the top of Root Ride
We are hoping you can attend the Pine Hill Partnership annual meeting on Monday, March 30th at 6pm at the Godnick Ctr. We will have some great food (both vegetarian, non-vegetarian and dessert), a short business meeting along with a short slide show.
We will have a short slide show to show our accomplishments for 2014 and plans for 2015. If you are unsure of your membership dues please contact Shelley at email@example.com or 775 4867 before 8pm for your current dues status.
Please RSVP to Shelley by Wednesday, March 25th if you can attend.
The Pine Hill Partnership had their annual meeting last week(March 2014) and welcomed four new board members—Keith Wight, Ben Reller, Andy Shinn and Joel Blumenthal. The officers for this year are Tim Vile as president, Keith Wight as vice president and Shelley Lutz as secretary/treasurer.
Thank you to outgoing president Michael Smith for his years of service to the park.
The Partnership are the stewards of the park and the Carriage Trail that runs from Pine Hill to Proctor. The city is very appreciative of their support for the park.
VYCC finished up this past weekend. Wait till you see some of the incredible work they did all while camping out with the mosquitoes for 3 weeks. With luck we’ll have the Carriage Trail blazed by mid-September so it will be easier for folks to follow. If you get adventurous now the trail is passable but there are trees down on the Proctor side and it does get confusing over there with all the logging roads.
Youth Works finished up this past week also and did an absolutely fantastic job again in the park. They had over 2500 hours on Exit Strategy. The last two weeks we had them on PA4J(just past the Stegosaurus intersection), Upper Jersey, Upper Droopy, Svelte Tiger and Lower Droopy trying to dry out mud puddles which have been persistent this year. We are missing a hazel hoe on either on PA4J, Upper Jersey or Upper Droopy. A Pulaski is missing on upper part of Svelte Tiger or the lower part of Droopy(between Svelte and Upper Ledges). If you find one of these tools let us know.
We have a community work night this Thursday at 5pm we hope to finish off Exit Strategy if we get enough man power to move surepak and dirt into the last two corners. We’re really, really close. This trail will be a blast to ride!
Please keep an eye out for our missing tools, they would like a good home for winter.
Thank you very much for your support of Pine Hill Partnership, Inc.